As the Chair of the ASEAN Committee in Washington, DC (ACW), Ambassador Chum Sounry hosted the ACW meeting via video conference on April 27 with the participation of all ASEAN Ambassadors.
After the discussions, Ambassador Sounry summarized the ACW’s activities hosted/arranged by Cambodian Embassy during its 4-month ACW Chairmanship till the end of April as follows:
1. Working dinner hosted by Japanese Ambassador on Jan. 7,
2. Briefing by National Security Council (NSC) on US-ASEAN Special Summit (USASS) on Jan 9,
3. Briefing by NSC on Coronavirus, Feb 6,
4. Meeting with State Department on USASS, Feb 11,
5. Working Lunch hosted by Chinese Ambassador, Feb 18,
6. ACW meeting chaired by Cambodian Ambassador.
7. Working Lunch with Ms. Diane Farrell, Acting Deputy Under Secretary for International Trade hosted by Ambassador Sounry, Feb 24,
8. ACW meeting with Assistant Secretary David Stilwell on USASS, Feb 26,
9. Breakfast meeting for ASEAN HOMs hosted by US Trade and Development Agency and President of EXIM Bank, Feb 28,
10. Conference call between ASEAN HOMs- A/S David Stilwell and Deputy National Security Advisor Matthew Pottinger on the postponement on USASS, Feb 28,
11. Working Lunch hosted by ROK Ambassador, Mar 2,
12. Conference call between ASEAN HOMs-Dr. Deborah Birx, White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator, Mar 17,
13. Conference call between ASEAN HOMs-A/S David Stilwell on Special ASEAN-US FMs Videoconference, April 21,
14. ACW Videoconference chaired by Cambodian Ambassador,April 27.
At the end of the meeting, Ambassador Sounry handed over the ACW Chairmanship to Indonesia.