Main activities of Ambassador Chum Sounry and Embassy’s staff during 2-day trip on Saturday and Sunday, June 5 and 6 to Philadelphia (largest city in Pennsylvania) and Lancaster (also a city in Pennsylvania) are as follows:
This trip was arranged by Mr. Chu Hor, President of Cambodian American Business Community of Philadelphia, and Mr. Sok Savoeun, Honorary Consul of Cambodia in Philadelphia at the Ambassador’s request.
On Saturday, June 5:
1. Attended a meeting with Philadelphia City Council officials and representatives of different Cambodian communities (Cambodian-American Business Association, Cambodian Vendors’ Association, . . .), including:
• Ms. Kendra Brooks, Councilmember At-Large, Philadelphia City Council
• Mr. Isaiah Thomas, Councilmember At-Large, Philadelphia City Council
• Mr. Craig R. Levin, Attorney at law, Friedman & Levin Associates
• Mr. Michael Lambert, Attorney at law, The Law Office of Michael Lambert
• Jennifer Lin, Assistant District Attorney at Philadelphia District Attorney's Office
• Michael Lee, Assistant District Attorney at Philadelphia District Attorney's Office
And other Philadelphia City Council officials and staff
2. Attended an event hosted by Mr. John Chin, Chairman of Mayor's Commission of Asian Pacific American Affairs and Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation Executive Director to welcome the Ambassador’s visit. Among over 30 participants were:
- U.S. Congressman Dwight Evans (D, Pennsylvania),
- Pennsylvania Senator Nikil Saval,
- Pennsylvania Senator Sharif Street,
- Pennsylvania Representative Mary Isaacson,
- Representatives from various local government of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia, and
- Representatives of different Cambodian associations / organizations, and so on.
After the welcoming remarks by all important guests, the Ambassador briefed them about the main development in Cambodia and in Cambodia-US relations.
3. Attended the opening ceremony of 2021 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show at the invitation of the organizer.
Ambassador Sounry was greeted and welcomed by Hon. James Kenney, Mayor of Philadelphia, and Matt Rader, President of the PHS Flower Show.
During the Flower Show, the Ambassador met with Hon. Mary Gay Scanlon, U.S. Congresswoman, Pennsylvania 5th District, The Hon. John Fetterman, Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania, and Mr. Nikil Saval, Pennsylvania State Senator.
On Sunday, June 6:
4. Paid tribute to the monks at Preah Buddha Rainsey Temple in New Jersey and had breakfast with the Temple Committee and supporters.
5. Had a working lunch with some Cambodians in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
6. Had a meeting with two American businessmen at their request to discuss about business opportunities in Cambodia.
7. Had a working dinner with the leaders of Cambodian community in Lancaster City.
Comments are closed.