2023 © Royal Embassy of Cambodia Washington D.C. USA. All rights reserved.
Following are the main activities of Ambassador Chum Sounry during his working visit to Minnesota on July 10-11, 2021:
1. The Ambassador paid tribute to the monks in Watt Munisotaram (the biggest Cambodian pagoda in US) in Farmington city.
2. He also paid tribute to the monks in Watt Thorma Visoth Thikaram in Rochester city, where he received a warm welcome from the monks and Cambodian community who invited to have lunch there, followed by the Khmer traditional daces performance.
3. He introduced the Cambodian cooking books “the taste of Angkor” to the owners of two Cambodian restaurants with the encouragement to look at possibility to include Cambodian foods in the restaurants’ menus. One owner underlined his plan to serve more Cambodian foods as well as his arrangement to have four Cambodian cooks who are now awaiting for US visas from the US Embassy In Phnom Penh. He expressed his pleasure with the book that he thought will be helpful to realize his plan.
4. Ambassador Sounry attended a gathering followed by dinner with around 30 Cambodian Americans held in a Cambodian restaurant.
5. He had breakfast meeting with two Cambodian American businessmen ( one is a successful businessman) who are interested in doing business in Cambodia. The discussion focused on business opportunities in our country and the possibility for the establishment of any Cambodian American business organization to promote business in Cambodia.
6. Ambassador Sounry visited two Cambodian grocery stores (one is a very big store with several branches and wholesale) and discussed with the owners about the possibility to include Cambodian products in their business, including rice and agricultural products.
Comments are closed.